The New York State History and Education Conference has five guiding objectives:
- Encourage collaboration across the history community (and beyond)
- Connect K-12 educators and history professionals and provide resources for teaching the complex history of New York State, the nation, and the world
- Imagine a more diverse and inclusive history of New York State
- Deliberately amplify Indigenous voices
- Challenge traditional conference structures to be livelier and more welcoming
The dates of the conference are October 28-30, 2022. The location is SUNY Oneonta.
To ensure you receive all updates on conference registration and proposals, please fill out this brief Google Form
The New York State History and Education Conference is presented by SUNY Oneonta, the Cooperstown Graduate Program, and the Cooperstown Graduate Association, in collaboration with New York State History Day. Generous support comes from the Robert David Lion Gardiner Foundation, the Pomeroy Foundation, and Humanities New York.